The study rooms are available for check out and/ or reservation by groups or individuals.
Please note a reservation has a 10 minute grace period. If you do not show up within 10 mintues of your booking start time, the reservation will be cancelled and the study room will be given to another group or individual if one is waiting.
Study Rooms are for ACADEMIC USE ONLY.
The Southern Wake (Main) Campus Library has four study rooms available for students to reserve.
- Rooms 111 and 110 come equipped with in-room computers and secondary displays in addition to the standard glass dry erase board, table, and chairs.
- Rooms 109 and 107 are equipped with in-room computers, a glass dry erase board, table, and chairs.
The maximum capacity of any study room is five (5) students. The maximum booking period per reservation is 2 hours per group, if working in a group, or individual, if working individually. Groups cannot switch out student IDs to remain in a study room in excess of two hours. Study rooms can be reserved up to 1 week (but at least 12 hours) in advance, after that time study rooms are available on a first-come, first-served basis by contacting the library circulation desk. We do not offer same day study room reservations.
To book a study room:
1) Click on the date you want in the calendar.
2) On the row for the study room you want to use, select the starting time slot for your reservation. Your reservation will automatically default to the two hour maximum. You are not required to remain in the study room for the full two hours, you may check out at any time.
3) Acknowledge the usage policies by clicking on "Continue".
4) Continue down the form and fill in the required information then click on "Submit my Booking". Please note you must use your Wake Tech student email address to book a study room.
5) You will receive a confirmation email within a few minutes of making your booking. This means your booking has been confirmed. Should you be unable to keep your booking, please use the included link in the confirmation email to cancel your booking so that another group or individual can reserve the room.
6) To access the study room, you MUST present your Wake Tech student ID card. If working as a group, please ensure that all your group members have their Wake Tech student ID cards; otherwise they will not be able to enter the library or access the study rooms.
Note: Contact the Circulation Desk, (919) 866-5723, if you need assistance using the reservation form.