The group study rooms are only available for check out by groups. Your group (at least 2+ members) must be present at the front desk to check out a group study room. Individuals are not able to reserve or check out group study rooms.
Please note a reservation has a 10 minute grace period. If your group does not show up within 10 mintues of your booking start time, the reservation will be cancelled and the study room will be given to another group if one is waiting.
Group Study Rooms are for ACADEMIC USE ONLY.
The Southern Wake (Main) Campus Library has five rooms available for students to reserve.
- Rooms 111 and 110 come equipped with in-room computers and secondary displays in addition to the standard glass dry erase board, table, and chairs.
- Rooms 109 and 107 are equipped with in-room computers, a glass dry erase board, table, and chairs.
- Room 113 is not a study room and is only available as a prayer and/ or meditation room. This room may be checked out by single users who will use the room for prayer and/ or meditation.
The maximum capacity of any room is five (5) students. The maximum booking period per reservation is 2 hours per group. Study room can be reserved up to 1 week (at least 12 hours) in advance, after that time study rooms are available on a first-come, first-serve basis by contacting the library circulation desk. We do not offer same day group study room reservations.
To book a study room for your group:
1) Click on the date you want in the calendar.
2) On the row for the room you want to use, select the starting time slot for your reservation. Available time slots are in 30 minute increments and are highlighted in green. For example to book the room for one hour, starting at 1 p.m. click on the time slots for 1-2 p.m (each time slot is for 30 minute increments).
3) Acknowledge the usage policies by clicking on "Continue".
4) Click on any additional time slots until the full time period you want to book that study room for is displayed under the Booking Details form.
5) Continue down the form and fill in the required information then click on "Submit my Booking".
6) You will receive an email within a few minutes asking you to confirm your booking; click on the link provided within 1 hour to confirm your reservation or it will be canceled by the system. You will then receive a confirmation email and are all set.
7) To access the study room, you MUST show your Wake Tech ID card and have at least one of your group members present with you at the Circulation Desk. Please ensure that all your group members have their Wake Tech ID cards; otherwise they will not be able to enter the library or group study rooms.
Note: Contact the Circulation Desk, (919) 866-5644, if you need assistance using the reservation form.