For Group Study Rooms:
The group study rooms are only available for check out by groups. Each reservation has a 10 minute grace period. If your group has not arrived after the first 10 minutes of your reservation have passed, another group may take over your reservation. Food and Drinks are NOT permitted in study rooms, violations to this policy may result in loss of room usage privileges and/or code of conduct violations.
As per the building code and safety guidelines, there is an occupancy limit of 6 people maximum for group study rooms.
Group Study Rooms are for ACADEMIC USE ONLY.
The Scott Northern Wake Campus Library has eight group study rooms available:
- 1st Floor rooms: #167, #173, #175, #179
- 2nd Floor rooms: #252, #256, #262, #266
For Individual Study Rooms:
These rooms are for ONE person only. Food and Drinks are NOT permitted in study rooms, violations to this policy may result in loss of room usage privileges and/or code of conduct violations.
Additionally, there are also six individual (1 person) study rooms available:
- 3rd Floor rooms: #353, #355, #357, #371, #373, #375
Only students can reserve study rooms. The maximum capacity (1-6) varies depending on the room type. The maximum booking period per reservation is 2 hours per individual/group. Study rooms can be reserved up to 1 week (at least 2 hours) in advance, after that time study rooms are available on a first-come, first-serve basis by contacting the 2nd floor library circulation desk.
To book a study room for your group:
1) Click on the date you want in the calendar.
2) On the row for the room you want to use, select the starting time slot for your reservation. Available time slots are in 30 minute increments and are highlighted in green. For example to book the room for one hour, starting at 1 p.m. click on the time slots for 1-2 p.m (each time slot is for 30 minute increments).
3) Acknowledge the usage policies by clicking on "Continue".
4) Click on any additional time slots until the full time period you want to book that study room for is displayed under the Booking Details form.
5) Continue down the form and fill in the required information then click on "Submit my Booking".
6) You will receive a reminder email two hours prior to the reservation start time.
7) To access the study room, all individuals MUST show their Wake Tech ID card at the circulation desk.
Note: Contact the 2nd Floor Circulation Desk, (919) 866-7135 or email@example.com, if you need assistance using the reservation form.